Send an Invitation via Text on our App
To send your invitation via SMS TEXT for our iOS and Android Apps, please follow our directions below.
- Please log in to our app and select a template in our gallery to start an invitation
- After adding your event title, date and additional details, you will select "Add Guests" in the bottom right hand corner.
- A message will pop up asking for permission for Evite to Access your Contacts, and you will select "OK".
If you have denied access to Contacts, or need to have access again, please follow these instructions:
Click on the "Settings" icon > Scroll all the way down until you see a tab for the "Evite" app > Click the "Evite" app > Enable "Contacts"/"Photos"
Your contacts will then show as a list with their phone numbers, and you can tap on your selected guests to add them to your guest list.
After you have selected your guests, you will select "Send to # of guests" in the bottom right hand corner. The # will depend on how many guests you are adding.
That's it! Your guests will be sent a text message with your invitation immediately, just like a regular text. To see what a guest will view after you send your invitation, please view our FAQ here:
Receiving a Text Invitation as a Guest
- Please note that you will only be able to send text invitations to 10-digit US numbers at this time. For international users, please copy and paste your invitation's shareable link to share with guests that way.
- We recommend adding a guest with either their email or phone number, to keep your guest count as accurate as possible.
-The green text message symbol in the top left hand corner in the above image represents sharing a link with your guests, and not SMS Text message. That is another option of sharing with guests, but less personalized. An SMS will be more specific to that guest, and personalized with their name. If you decide to share with the green bubble message, the invitation link is simply copied and pasted for you to share on various social platforms.
Did you find this article helpful?